Election headlines (all 650 seats now declared)
- The Tories have secured a majority of 80, with a vote share of 44% – higher than achieved by any party in any election since 1970
- Labour’s ‘red wall’ demolished as Tories take 28 seats from Labour across the north of England, including Blackpool South, Darlington, Blyth Valley, Grimsby and Sedgefield
- Labour heading for its lowest number of seats since 1935
- Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson, has lost her seat. Also out: Nigel Dodds (DUP), Laura Pidcock (Lab), Caroline Flint (Lab), Emma Dent Coad (Lab), Chris Williamson (Ex-Lab) loses deposit, Dennis Skinner (Lab) loses by 5,300 votes
- SNP surge: The SNP have taken 48 of Scotland’s 59 seats, including Jo Swinson’s in East Dunbartonshire
- Rebels flop: Chuka Ummuna, Anna Soubry, Luciana Berger and Sam Gyimah have lost. Grieve lost by 16,000. John McDonnell blames Brexit for poor Labour showing.
- Corbyn says he won’t fight another election Con +47, Lab -59, SNP +13, Lib Dem -1, DUP -2