With just two days to go until Theresa May’s big Chequers away day, the Cabinet headed to 22 Old Queen for a pre-sesh. Theresa May held court in the garden while Michael Gove charmed guests on the merits of getting rid of tusk – ivory, not the EU leader naturally.
Given that this was no normal Spectator summer party – instead the Spectator’s 190th birthday party – guests were in such a merry mood that even the odd speck of rain failed to dampen proceedings.
Here are a range of photos from the bash, courtesy of Alan Davidson and Anne Schwarz:
- Boris, Miss World and Bublé at Lord Ashcroft’s 70th birthday party Steerpike 12 March 2016
- The Spectator summer party, in pictures Steerpike 13 July 2017
- Theresa May hits back at Boris Steerpike 3 September 2018
- Conservative Party’s sincere apology backfires Steerpike 29 December 2016
- Breaking: A mayor speaks at party conference Steerpike 21 September 2017
- Michael Gove: The Prime Minister is doing a great job… at the moment Steerpike 12 September 2018