The Spectator hosted a packed-out debate last night on the motion — ‘George Osborne isn’t working: we need a Plan B’ — and you can now hear the outcome for yourself. As Isabel reported earlier, it was an evening of intense discussion and disagreement, so we have recorded the entire evening for you to listen at your leisure. The event lasted nearly two hours, so here are the timings for the individual speakers:
- 03:12 – Alistair Darling (for)
- 10:25 – Jesse Norman (against)
- 19:04 – Matthew Oakeshott (for)
- 27:42 – Fraser Nelson (against)
- 36:10 – David Blanchflower (for)
- 47:13 – Norman Lamont (against)
- 54:30 – Question and answers with Andrew Neil
- 1:39:08 – Final remarks
You can listen back to the debate with the embedded player below or by subscribing to our regular View from 22 podcast through iTunes.
Subscribe to The Spectator today for a quality of argument not found in any other publication. Get more Spectator for less – just £12 for 12 issues.