Blogs Coffee House

White people have been banned from an ‘anti-racism’ event at a British university

22 April 2015

1:45 PM

22 April 2015

1:45 PM

Bahar Mustafa, the Welfare and Diversity officer for Goldsmiths Students’ Union, must have a strong sense of irony. You’d have to, to run an ‘anti-racism’ event which states that ‘if you’re a man and/or white PLEASE DON’T COME. As the student publication the Tab reports, the event claims to be ‘challenging the white-centric culture of occupations’, ‘diversifying our curriculum’ and building a ‘cross campus campaign that puts liberation at the heart of the movement’.

bah

Back in February, Mustafa, who describes herself on Twitter as a ‘queer, anti-racist feminist killjoy’, helped organise a ‘BME ONLY social’ before a screening of the film Dear White People. For those not acquainted with the lingo, this means for Black and Minority Ethnic only.

101

And now this, essentially the proposition of racial segregation in a British university. And yes, it’s trussed up in the language of the new PC – ‘non-binary’, ‘safe-space’, ‘BME Women’, ‘OUR liberation’ – but there are no two ways about this: this is division along racial lines, and it is astonishing that this is deemed acceptable. It wouldn’t be tolerated anywhere else in Britain – so why on earth is it being tolerated at a British university?

Show comments
  • Mic Smi

This is absolutely mental. More worryingly, if this is the Goldsmiths in New Cross / Brockley, it is a Uni for teachers. Nice to know the kind of people who will be educating our future white British generations.

• rebecca e

So all men are banned from the event. Does that include trans men, gay men, bi men, black men, brown men, and other men from minority groups? Don’t know about you guys but it’s pretty bigoted that an event is banning all men, especially minority men, from attending.

• Daniel

Our Father who art in heaven, halo be thy name, thy kingdom come thy will be done, one earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

What you loss in live you loss in heaven. You will lose a lot of good people, you will be left with the men of lawlessness. So leave us alone!

• Daniel

Leave my people alone.

• Daniel

You have put up evil proproganda day in and day out. Leave us.

• Daniel

He who sins dies.

• Daniel

• Daniel

White Privilege = No empathy

You have done so much damage to an innocent people, who just want to live pious lives, but you. YOU MUST LEAVE US ALONE!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND GODDAMMIT!

• Daniel

He who sins dies.

• Daniel

You have done a lot of damage to the asian community, now you want to hurt us more with lies and deception. Men of lawlessness, are you not satified by all the damage you have done? Then one day you will face judgement, and then my cup will flow, and you will learn the meaning of empathy. You who still speak evil.

• jamie

whites invented jim crows law,segragation aparthied,classism,fascism,colonialism,sexism,ira,kkk,concentration camps,imperialism,feminism, and are the most xenophobic bigots on the planet.

• Sun

Then f*ck off out of Western countries.

• jamie

my comments seem to be blocked when speaking the facts

Close
Can't find your Web ID? Click here